Preparation of foreigners and persons without citizenship for admission to higher educational establishments
Preparation of foreigners and persons without citizenship for admission to higher educational establishments is a subdivision of the Kyiv National University of Technology and Design which trains foreigners who have completed High secondary education. Students have the opportunity to learn Ukrainian or Russian, and prepare to enter the higher educational institutions of Ukraine. After the successful implementation of the curriculum, graduates receive a state certificate. The University provides students with visa support and comfortable places in the hostel.
Training is provided on a contract basis under international agreements. The arrival of foreign students is on the individual invitations issued by the University.
Form of training: Full-time
Duration: 9 months
Starting dates: 1st of October 2016.
Preparation of foreign citizens to enter the higher educational institutions of Ukraine lasts from 1st of October to 30th of June of the following year. The academic year at the preparatory department includes two semesters:
- I semester runs from October to February and ends with examinations;
- II semester runs from March to June, and ends with examinations.
During the training, test on basic subjects are conducted to determine the level of gradual preparation of students.
After completion of I semester, students make up exam in Ukrainian (Russian) and mathematics and credits in other subjects.
After completion of II semester and doing the training program, students make their final exams in Ukrainian (Russian) and majors.
After passing the final exam, students receive a certificate from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, which gives the right to be enrolled to the Kyiv National University of Technology and Design (KNUTD) without entrance exams except direction "Design" and "Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Technology".To be enrolled to the course "Design" a creative contest (entrance exam) in drawing is carried out. To be enrolled to the course "Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Technology" chemistry exam carried out.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION:
1. The translation of the first page of the passport (first name) in Ukrainian legalized by state authorities of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
2. The certificate of High secondary education and record of final grades (points), translated into Ukrainian and legalized by state authorities of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine
3. Copy of birth certificate, translated into Ukrainian legalized by state authorities of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided for by international treaties of Ukraine;
4. The original medical certificate of health, certified by health authority of the country where foreigner from, issued not earlier than two months before leaving for Ukraine, translated into Ukrainian language and legalized in the established procedure by state authorities of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
5. Insurance for emergency medical assistance available from KNUTD (except for foreigners who come from countries with which agreements on free emergency medical care were concluded);
6. 10 photos 3,5x4,5 cm size, color, dull;
7. The return ticket with an open date of departure for 1 year to return home;
8. Passport with visa properly registered to enter Ukraine (presented personally);
9. Official invitation from Kyiv National University of Technology and Design.
Tuition fee- $ 1.000 per year.
Address of preparatory courses for foreign citizens:
Ukraine, 01011, Kyiv, Nemirovich-Danchenko street, 2
Teaching Building 4, room. 4-0312, 4-0314
Tel .: +38 (044) 280-41-42;
+38 (044) 256-21-64;
+38 (044) 256-21-23;
Kyiv National University of Technology and Design is located in the central part of Kyiv. There are University buildings and hostels for students. Foreign students are provided with hostel. Approximate cost of the accommodation is 3200 UAH per academic year. The room is for 2-3 persons. Living conditions are determined by a separate agreement.
From the University to the hostel you should go by trolleybus number 38 to "Nimanska street" stop.